Information We Collect
There are a few basic ways on how we collection information about you:
- Information you choose to provide to us
- Information we automatically collect when you use the Application; and
- Information that we receive from third parties
You’ll find more information about these ways below:
Information You Choose to Provide to Us
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application unless you register with us.
When you register with us and use the Application, you generally provide (a) your name, email address, a unique user name, unique password and other optional registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for licensing and use of the Application or In-App purchases, and; (e) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information and project management information.
Information We Automatically Collect When You Use the Application
When you use the Application, there is certain information that we collect automatically from you such as how and when you use the Application.
You’ll find more information on how information is automatically collected below:
1. Usage Information
We collect information about your activity through the Application. For example, we may collect information about:
- How you interact with the Application (for example, how many images you send without a message)
- How you communicate with other users such as the time, date, sender, receipt of a message, the number of messages you send, and your interactions with messages
2. Content Information
We collect the content you provide and information about that content, such as if the recipient has viewed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
3. Device Information
We collect information such as:
- The type of mobile device you use
- Your mobile device’s unique device ID
- The IP address of your mobile device
- Your mobile operating system
- The type of mobile Internet browsers you use
4. Device Phonebook
With your consent, we may collect information from your device’s phonebook
5. Camera and Photos
Again with your consent, we may collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos.
6. Location Information
When you use the Application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display relevant information. We may also use this information to determine if you are attending a specific event.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
7. Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Technologies
8. Log File Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device. When you use the Application, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including:
- Your web request
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- Browser type
- Referring / exit pages and URLs
- Number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Application
- Domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use the Application. For instance, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other third party sources and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information that we collected from you to do things such as:
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Application;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Application
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor data such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Enhance the safety and security of our services
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- We may share your user content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Klipics is part of, or that become part of that group (such as Quicksilver Software, Inc.) (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Application (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). We will make it so that our Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your content.
- We may also share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Application to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Application under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third party advertising partners. This information would allow third party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties With Whom You May Choose to Share Your User Content
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose to post while using the Application, such as images that you post, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Application, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared your content or made it public, that particular content may be re-shared by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any content that you post that you make public may be searchable by other users of the Application.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Application, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Application, or if other users or third parties have copied or saved that information.
A Change of Control Event
If Quicksilver Software, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
Complying With Legal Requests and Preventing Harm
We may access, preserve and share your information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, prevent death or imminent bodily harm, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
What Are My Opt-Out Rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
How We Store Your Information
- Your information collected through the Application may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Klipics, its Affiliates, or Service Providers maintain facilities
- Klipics its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Application secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Klipics cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Klipics or guarantee that information on the Application may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Klipics, at all times.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. The Application and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, or if a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Other Web Sites and Services
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
February 27, 2016 – Original Copy Uploaded (Revision 1.0)
March 1, 2016 – First Revision to Original Copy (Revision 2.0)